Austin, United States
The state capital of Texas, Austin is located along the Colorado River. Austin has sky scrapers and crowds but isn’t the biggest city in Texas and has a Bohemian feel. It is the self-proclaimed live music capital of the world and a place where art is all around you. Austin has a strong cultural affinity.
Things to do in Austin-
- Visit the Texas State Capitol, the government building of the capital of Texas
- Take a walk along the Lady Bird Lake and enjoy paddling there.
- Enjoy swimming in the Huge Barton springs pool at Zilker Park
- Get lost in the beauty of McKinney Falls state park which is open all day and night for visitors
- Climb up the Barton Creek Greenbelt
- Visit the Bullock Texas state History museum
- Explore the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library which has exhibits about the great President John F. Kennedy
- See the art collection of university of Texas at Blanton Museum of Art.
- Emma long Metropolitan park is a city park with Picnic and swimming areas
- Visit the Graffiti park at castle hill
- Take your children to the Austin Children Museum, where children can explore their own world.
- When night falls head east on 6th street, it is the place for all kinds of evening entertainment, listen to blues, have a cold beer watch a movie or catch a comedy show.
Where to stay in Austin?
Some of the best hotels of Austin are-
- Hilton Austin- a 4 star hotel with spa and rooftop pool
- JW Marriott Austin- another 4 star hotel with rooftop pool and fitness center
- W Austin- It has modern rooms with outdoor pool and a spa
- Hyatt Regency Austin
- Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol
It’s hard not to be taken with Austin and people here say it has its very own sound track, a rhythm you can easily tune into.